Monday, February 29, 2016

Everyone Has A Story To Tell

I was talking to a friend of mine and he asked me why I started to write at the age of 71? Why didn’t you start at an earlier age?  I said to him I never felt I could even write a letter, let alone a book.
So what made you start at 71?
I told him what had occurred. So here it is.
This person I knew kept bugging me to write something down and she would put it in the proper order. She said with my background in life there must be a story in there. After a couple of years of her badgering I said I would write something down.  I went home and that night I started jotting down different things that happened in my life. After reading it back I decided this story was too true, so I decided to write a fictional story.  When I started to write this fictional story about organized crime, I kind of got carried away. I couldn’t stop.  I wrote about 50 pages and sent it to her to see what she thought. She called me and said she could not stop reading it and that it was a great story don’t stop now.
I continued writing that story and wrote 2 more within 4-5 months. The first story was The Hitman, the second one was The Franchise and the third one was The Final Offer. I tried to self publish these books but it went nowhere.
I finally found a real publisher and told her I want to put all three books in one.  She said that is a great idea. We published The Other Brooklyn in May of 2015 and with her help and the marketing person on her staff my book, “The Other Brooklyn” went to Number One on May 16 2015. This book is in the Organized Crime category on Amazon.com and since then my book has done well. I am working on another book and it should be out soon.
So I want to tell you, everyone has a story to tell. Why don’t you tell yours? Just start writing about your life or a fictional story. We all have one. You will be surprised how it flows.  Don’t worry about commas, run on sentences ETC. an editor will take care of that.
Just Start Writing. Have some fun.
Bob Ieva

No comments:

Post a Comment